This section really pertains only to portraits and headshots since musicians can get away with wearing virtually anything they want (they’re so lucky!).
◉ PORTRAITS AND ACTOR HEADSHOTS: As a rule, solid colors always work best since the attention should be focused on YOU and not your clothing. So avoid any patterns and logos on your clothing. Texture on your clothing is fine – it can actually add some visual interest.
● Vibrant, mid-tone (like cobalt blue, Kelly green, fuchsia) colors work wonders with the camera.
● Deep colors (like navy blue, emerald green, and black) add some drama to the shot (especially for actors).
● Stay away from any washed out colors (like off-white or any pastel colors) as they will end up washing out your complexion and skin tone. That’s not what we want at all!
● Refrain from wearing lots of jewelry since it ends up being very distracting in the photos (especially for actors) and it’s not easy to retouch those out of photographs. So men, leave your bulky, fancy watches at home – wedding rings are fine. Ladies – stud earrings, your wedding rings and maybe a delicate necklace should be about it. Actors – only stud earrings and no other jewelry should be worn.
● Pants are always best – no shorts or short skirts since they aren’t typically flattering in photos. A dress or skirt, depending on length, should be ok as long as they’re at or past your knees.
● Tank tops and short sleeve shirts are not always your friends in photos. Opt to wear long sleeves instead – they tend to be way more flattering for photos.
● NO shiny clothing – so no sequins or anything crazy like that. Remember – simple and classic is best!
● If you’re known for wearing signature glasses or having a stylish beard or mustache, wear those glasses during your shoot, and don’t you dare shave your beard or mustache before your shoot. We want YOU to look like YOU!
◉ CORPORATE HEADSHOTS: Wear a classic, unfussy suit or blazer that is preferably a dark color. Men should select a classic tie – no crazy patterns, colors, sports logos or cartoon characters. Remember – these are PROFESSIONAL photos. Save the cute stuff for Casual Friday.
● Stay away from any distracting colors or patterns. We want the focus to be on your face and not your wardrobe!
● Ladies – no cleavage shots! Just – NO. If you decide to wear a shirt with a low neckline, please make sure to wear a nice cami under the shirt. We are focusing on your lovely face and nothing else!
Welcome to MW Photo & Design based in gorgeous Naples, Florida! I specialize in modern, journalistic-style photography combined with fine art photography to create artwork that looks like it was ripped straight out of a magazine.
I specialize in senior photography, individual, couple and family portraits, musician and band photography, actor and business professional headshots, as well as graphic design and web design services.
Let’s create some beautiful memories together!